We are a Missionary Institute comprised of Religious Priests and Brothers founded by Daniel Comboni; on 1st June 1867 . In Uganda, the Comboni Missionaries arrived on 17th. February, 1910 at Pakwach. From there they established the Catholic Church in all the Northern dioceses of Arua, Nebbi, Gulu, Lira, Moroto, Kotido.
The first Comboni Missionaries entered Uganda from the Sudan and settled in Omach in 1910. Because of the affinity between the people of South Sudan and Northern Uganda, this move was seen as the natural extension of the work the missionaries were already doing in Sudan. Monsignor Geyer, Vicar Apostolic of Khartoum, led the first expedition personally.