Welcome to Comboni Missionaries
Serving the world’s poorest and most forgotten people
Believing in God’s Word and Spirit
We are a Missionary Institute comprised of Religious Priests and Brothers founded by Daniel Comboni; on 1st June 1867. In Uganda, the Comboni Missionaries arrived on 17th February, 1910 at Pakwach. From there they established the Catholic Church in all the Northern dioceses of Arua, Nebbi, Gulu, Lira, Moroto, Kotido.
The first Comboni Missionaries entered Uganda from the Sudan and settled in Omach in 1910. Because of the affinity between the people of South Sudan and Northern Uganda, this move was seen as the natural extension of the work the missionaries were already doing in Sudan.
Comboni Missionaries MCCJ
Saving Africa with Africa
The Comboni Missionaries are a Missionary Institute comprised of Religious Priests and Brothers founded by Daniel Comboni; on 1st June 1867 . He developed a great passion to bring the Gospel to the peoples in Africa. Even as a young child, he used to go up the hill and cry out aloud “Africa of Death”.
Women consecrated to God for the mission ad gentes
We came into being in 1872 as an exclusively missionary institute and as a result of the prophetic inspiration of Daniel Comboni. He was a missionary who was passionate about Christ and about Africa and who always and everywhere gave priority to the poorest and most excluded people.
Lay Missionaries (CLM)
Comboni Lay Missionaries (CLM)
The CLM-Uganda started in the year 1999 with a small group of three young Men and two Ladies who were inspired by the love, meekness and charity, which the Comboni Missionaries were showing to the people in the nearby slum area of Kataza in the capital Kampala. Moved by such acts of charity and love, these young ladies and gentlemen opted to work with the missionaries thus availing themselves for this new venture (Comboni Lay Missionaries). They started their formation period on January 10, 2000.