The first Comboni Missionaries entered Uganda from the Sudan and settled in Omach in 1910. Because of the affinity between the people of South Sudan and Northern Uganda, this move was seen as the natural extension of the work the missionaries were already doing in Sudan. Monsignor Geyer, Vicar Apostolic of Khartoum, led the first...
We are a Missionary Institute comprised of Religious Priests and Brothers founded by Daniel Comboni; on 1st June 1867 . In Uganda, the Comboni Missionaries arrived on 17th. February, 1910 at Pakwach. From there they established the Catholic Church in all the Northern dioceses of Arua, Nebbi, Gulu, Lira, Moroto, Kotido.
Who we are Comboni Missionary Sisters: women consecrated to God for the mission ad gentes. We came into being in 1872 as an exclusively missionary institute and as a result of the prophetic inspiration of Daniel Comboni. He was a missionary who was passionate about Christ and about Africa and who always and everywhere gave...
The Church as the family of God in Africa must bear witness to Christ, by a firm commitment to justice and solidarity by each member of God´s People.(Ecclesia in Africa, John Paul II) John Paul II Justice and Peace Centre (JPIIJPC) has been established in 2007 to answer this call. The People of God in...
Established on 1 October 2000 in Mbarara diocese. RUSHERE – Parish Catholic Parish Rushere P. O. Box 9 Rushere – Nyabushozi
Established on 1 January 1961 in Gulu diocese and dedicated to St. Joseph. Abandoned because of the war July 26, 1987. Reopened in November 1994. OPIT – Parish Catholic Parish Opit P. O. Box 322 GULU
Founded in January 1961 in Arua diocese and dedicated to the Holy Cross. Secondary School founded in 1943. OMBACI – Parish Comboni Missionaries P. O. Box 30 ARUA
Established July 31, 1965 and dedicated to the Martyrs of Uganda. NAMALU – Parish Namalu Catholic Parish P. O. Box 3872 KAMPALA
Founded December 26, 1966 in the diocese of Moroto and dedicated to the Nativity of Jesus. Diocesan Hospital MATANY – Parish Catholic Parish Matany P. O. Box 46 MOROTO
Founded on June 24, 1927 in Arua diocese. National Basilica dedicated to Our Lady, Sultana of Africa. LODONGA – Parish Catholic Parish Lodonga P. O. Box 1 LODONGA – ARUA